If your home is damaged or destroyed, you could face expensive repair or replacement costs. Many homeowners can’t afford to pay for these out of pocket. In a worst-case scenario, property damage could leave you with nowhere to live. That’s why homeowners insurance exists—to provide financial protection for you and your family members.
Peace of mind is just a few clicks away. Contact ML Ruberton Agency in Hammonton, New Jersey, to learn more about our homeowners insurance coverage and to speak to an homeowners insurance agent.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
Homeowners insurance protects property owners from financial losses that may arise from personal liabilities and property damage. In some instances, it can even cover third-party claims of bodily injury that occurred off of your property.
Although coverage limits and policy terms apply, here are some of the benefits included in most homeowners insurance policies:
- Dwelling coverage—This policy may pay to repair, replace or rebuild the physical structure of your home.
- Other structures coverage—This policy may pay for damage to additional structures on your property (e.g., detached garage, fences).
- Personal liability coverage—This policy may pay for costs (e.g., medical bills, legal costs, lost wages) arising from allegations that you caused property damage or bodily harm to a third party.
- Personal property coverage—This policy may pay to repair or replace your personal possessions if damaged or destroyed from a covered loss.
- Additional living expenses—This policy may pay for your expenses if property damage forces you to leave your home temporarily.
You may need to purchase a separate flood insurance policy to protect from flood damages separate flood insurance policy.
How Much Homeowners Insurance Do I Need?
If you’ve taken out a loan, your mortgage lender may require a minimum amount of coverage for your home. But you may choose to purchase greater coverage protections than they require. Even when home insurance is not required, it is generally considered a good idea to purchase enough to cover the cost to rebuild your home and replace your possessions.
To ensure you have sufficient protection, your homeowners insurance agent may request that you take inventory of your personal possessions. You should also consider any difficult-to-replace items or features of your home that could increase the replacement cost.
When Should I Get Homeowners Insurance?
You may want to start shopping for a home insurance policy after your purchase offer has been accepted. This should give you ample time to compare multiple homeowners insurance policies and search for possible discounts.
Ask us how our homeowners insurance policy is right for you. Contact ML Ruberton Agency today.
How Many Home Insurance Claims Can I File?
There is no legal limit to the number of homeowners insurance claims you can submit. However, if you submit multiple claims in a short period of time, your homeowners insurance company may consider you high risk. As a result, you could see an increase in your monthly premiums.
Let us answer your insurance questions. Call ML Ruberton Agency for a free homeowners insurance quote today.
Finding the Right Homeowners Insurance
We’re here to help you get the homeowners insurance you deserve. Contact ML Ruberton Agency and ask us how our homeowners insurance coverage can meet your insurance needs.